Monday, March 26, 2012

Set Theme

I think I shall try a top-down approach for designing this set. I've been considering different ideas for an overall theme. Lately I've been considering getting back into Warhammer 40K and I realized just how much I love that IP and how well the fluff lends itself to the game.

I've decided to pull greatly from 40K to help build my world.

Opening thoughts: "The plane of Adentius is one of constant war."

The set should be designed with conflict in mind. Given this, the focus should be on creatures, especially ones that interact with other creatures. Instants and sorceries should, in part, reflect surprise attacks and tactical maneuvers. The "fight" mechanic should be used liberally. Artifacts should represent implements of battle, so equipment should play a prominent role.

No comments:

Post a Comment